COVID-19 residential guidelines
Sunshine Cleaning Services UG works strictly in line with the German government’s advice regarding the containment of COVID-19 related illnesses.
As standard, the following are the policies we follow in addition to our usual cleaning duties:
- No cleaning person will work if suffering from even very mild COVID-19 related symptoms, if anyone else in their household has symptoms or if they have been asked to quarantine.
- Upon arrival, cleaners will wash hands for 20 seconds with soap and water, then disinfect with hand sanitiser (sanitiser must have minimum 70% alcohol content)
- Masks and disposable gloves will be worn at all times during cleaning duties. All customers must provide disposable gloves and sanitiser with minimum 70% alcohol content
- Cleaners should maintain a safe distance (at least 1.5 metres) from any household occupants at all times.
- Coughing and sneezing always and only into crook of elbow.
- Using disposable gloves while cleaning, changing gloves when moving to each new room within the house, ensuring to wash and sanitise hands as outlined above in between glove changes and at the end of the work shift.
- Wherever possible our team will open windows for ventilation immediately upon arrival and will close them again before leaving the house. This helps greatly in circulating air from inside to outside, where the virus may be present. Please let the team know if they should not do that – for example if there are any children or pets in the household.
- All gloves, wipes, paper towels to be disposed of immediately after use into a closed bin
- Cleaners will leave all cleaning cloths in the washing machine, or in a plastic rubbish bag next to the washing machine before leaving the premises
- Customers should wash cleaning cloths and mop covers at a high temperature (60C+) after every use, preferably with laundry disinfectant solution
In addition to regular cleaning, customers can choose at time of booking:
- All usual surfaces to be disinfected following regular cleaning using a suitable disinfectant cleaning solution. (WHO recommends using products with 70% alcohol) This would include countertops, tables, all door and cupboard handles, faucets, light switches, TV remotes.
Guidance for customers
- No cleaning will take place if anyone in the household is either quarantining or suffering any COVID-19 related symptoms. Please let us know as soon as possible if this is the case. We cannot clean households where anyone has tested positive for Covid-19 in the previous 2 weeks.
- We recommend that customers stay in a different room during cleaning, and if possible leave the house all together until the service is complete.
- We request that customers wear a mask if they need to be in the same room as the cleaner.
- In addition to the regular cleaning products we request that customers provide disposable gloves, extra cloths (so cloths can be changed regularly), hand sanitiser and disinfectant solution active against covid-19.